If you are interested in working at Next Generation Security Concepts, Inc. or would like to contact us about possible employment in the future, please fill out the information below and email us your resume.
Technical and Sales Positions are now being considered, so if you have experience in the industry we would love to hear from you. Please use the form below to upload a copy of your resume, as well as any other pertinent information. No definite time-frame has been set on these considerations as of yet.
Next Generation Security Concepts provides home and business security systems across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC for a wide variety of client applications, and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Electronic Security Technician to join our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Installing and servicing an assortment of different security systems from start to finish. This includes but is not limited to: CCTV, intrusion, fire detection systems, access control, network infrastructure, and telephone entry.
- Being able to fully understand a scope of work and in turn be able to produce the end result, meeting the customer’s expectations. This means being able to comprehend construction schedules and coordinate with the other trades as well as the Installation Manager.
- Performing all aspects of an installation. This may include but is not limited to cabling, rough-in, trim-out, panel termination, software programming, complete testing, final permit inspections, and customer training.
- Performing all aspects of service. This may include but is not limited to troubleshooting, repair and/or replacement of hardware and/or software.
- Instructing tech II and tech assistants in any and all necessary tasks to complete an installation and/or service.
- Meeting the hours allotted for a job and minimize any unnecessary staff overtime.
- Having a high-level of problem-solving capabilities to be effective and proficient in the work being conducted with little to no supervision.
- Interacting with customers in a professional and courteous manner to discuss service and installation issues of any kind.
- High school diploma or state-recognized equivalent
- Three or more years of experience running security system installation projects
- Knowledgeable of security equipment systems
- Capable of installing and maintaining various CCTV, access, and life safety system devices
- Valid state driver license with a clean driving record for the last three years
- DCJS certified or ability to obtain is required
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401 (k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Sick days
- Growth opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: PPE and cleaning supplies are provided as a means to keep you and those around you safe.